Friday, January 9, 2009

I'm Back

So - I'm back.

As you can see, it's been awhile since my last post. What can I say? Helluva year. From cameras crapping out to my father passing, let's just say I'm just glad 2008 is behind me.

Photographically, I've decided to move in a completely different direction. No more nature or landscapes, unless of course, these pictures are smack dab in front of the camera. No, I think it's time to think about photographing people again... only this time rather than making news images, it'll be more from the corporate angle... annual reports, public relations-type images, and perhaps a few senior portraits along the way.

To prepare for this new direction, I've spent the past six months studying lighting from the following photographers and their blogs:

What tremendous resources. Unless you're just downright brain dead, you can't help but learn something about lighting from these top-notch pros.

In the posts to come, I'll share new images, along with the thoughts and lighting diagrams that went into making them. I'm learning this stuff on the fly so it should be interesting.

Mark

-30-

No comments: